How to Publish Python Packages to PyPI
- 2020-01-08 08:26 AM
How to Publish Python Packages to PyPI. In this step-by-step tutorial, you'll learn how to create a Python package for your project and how to publish it to PyPI, the Python Package Repository. Why should you package your code for PyPI? How to structure your project and your code, including why you need a codesrc/code folder!
Python Tutorial - Python GUI Programming - Python GUI Examples (Tkinter Tutorial)
Python Tutorial - Learn Python for Machine Learning and Web Development
Python Tutorial: Image processing with Python (Using OpenCV)
Building a CRUD application using Python and Django
Always wanted to publish a package on PyPI, but didn’t know where to start? This talk is for you! Starting with nothing, we’ll build a package and publish it on PyPI using current best practices.
Learn how to structure your project and your code. Discover what goes in your coderequirements.txt/code and your codesetup.py/code. Ensure your code will work in different on different platforms! Document your code so people won’t ask you loads of questions! Finally, learn how avoid doing any of this yourself.
This talk will cover:
- Why should you package your code for PyPI?
- How to structure your project and your code, including why you need a codesrc/code folder!
- Discover what goes in your codePipfile/code and your codesetup.py/code, and why. Learn the difference between installing your library to use it, and installing it to develop on it.
- Write tests for your project, and run them using Tox.
- Ensure your code will work in different on different platforms with
- Continuous Integration!
- Document your code so people won’t ask you loads of questions!
- How to actually get your code on PyPI using Twine.
- Finally, learn how avoid doing any of this yourself (or avoid doing it twice) using CookieCutter templates.
Original video was published with the Creative Commons Attribution license (reuse allowed)
Original video source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WDV0-OB4fE
Social Network for Developers: http://bit.ly/2TFv1y0
Learn Startup: http://bit.ly/2UDotMN
Learn to code: http://bit.ly/2pN2aXx